DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
A Safe Space to be Me is committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals, staff, volunteers and others (also referred to as “you” or “your”) to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25th May 2018.
This Data Privacy Statement outlines how A Safe Space to be Me (also referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses and shares your personal data. This statement also explains your rights regarding the personal data we hold.
Who We Are?
The Data Controller for the Charity is the Chairperson and can be contacted by:
· Email: email@example.com
· Post: 22 Market Square, Antrim. BT41 4DT
· Web: www.asafespacetobeme.co.uk
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect details such as:
· Your name, email address, telephone number (and other contact details if known) as well as other details such as date of birth, postal address, residency status, nationality, ethnicity, your areas of interest, educational history, CV, personal references, passport details, visa information, driver license details, criminal record declarations, and medical notes.
· Personal information about disabilities and dietary requirements to help us accommodate you at events
Please note, we take referrals from external organisations. If you have been referred they may have provided us with some of the above information on your behalf. We will store these details to verify your referral and will send you a one-off message to inform you that you have been referred.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
There are numerous ways in which A Safe Space to be Me may collect your personal data. These include:
· When you register your interest in us via our website
· When you communicate with us through our website, via email or telephone, or in person, e.g. when making an enquiry
· When you share your personal data with us at an external event we may be at
· When you respond to one of our marketing campaigns on a third party website (including social media channels) and provide your personal data
· When you make an direct application to us for the services we provide
We store any data you may have provided to us as an enquirer, on your application, care plan, throughout your time using our services and at any point afterwards
How we use your information
We may use your personal data for a number of reasons such as:
· Marketing and recruitment - we may use your personal data to send you information about A Safe Space to be Me, courses you may be interested in, details of upcoming events, reminders about appointments and other relevant services
· Events – to ensure that we accommodate your requirements (those relating to a disability or dietary needs)
· To assess your referral and create your care plan (once you have applied to us)
· To assess your application and create your personal record (once you have applied to us)
When do we share personal data?
We may share some of your personal data with relevant third parties. This will be for the purposes referred to within this Data Privacy Statement. This may include disclosing limited personal data to employees, agents and contractors where there is a legitimate reason to do so, including:
· External marketing agencies or print suppliers we work with to send you relevant marketing communications
· Third parties in order for us to provide you with the service you require
· Third parties who provide us with essential software that is used to store and process your personal data, these servers are based in the US
· Internal and external auditors
· Government departments or agencies where we have a statutory obligation to provide information
· Third parties conducting surveys for the purposes of gaining feedback about our marketing or events
How long do we keep personal data for?
We do not retain your personal data for longer than is required in order for us to provide you with relevant information and services unless you request us to do otherwise. We may retain some information indefinitely for archive purposes and to support your lifelong relationship with A Safe Space to be Me.
Should you choose to stop receiving marketing communications from us we are obliged to opt you out within 28 days.
It is important that you tell us promptly about any changes to the information we hold about you, including your contact details. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to personal data
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 gives you the rights outlined below:
· to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you
· to require that we stop processing your personal data on your request
· to require that we do not send you marketing communications
· to require A Safe Space to be Me to make corrections to the personal data that we hold about you, if this is incorrect
· to require that we erase your personal data
· to require that we restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal)
· to receive from us the personal data we hold about you, which you have provided to us, in a reasonable and intelligible format, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller
· to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have given your consent and you wish to withdraw it, please contact our office using the contact details below. Please note that where our processing of your personal data relies on your consent and where you then withdraw that consent, we may not be able to provide all or some aspects of our services to you and/or it may affect the provision of those services.
This privacy statement was designed to be as clear and concise as possible – it does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of A Safe Space to be Me’s collection and use of personal data.
How to contact us
If you'd like to opt out of our marketing communications, please email email@example.com stating which channels (email, phone, text) you'd like to opt out of.
If you’d like to know more about how we process your personal information or have any questions, please contact the Data Controller using the details at the start of this document.
You can also use the same details to request access to the personal information we hold about you.
To find out more about your data protection rights, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office if you’re not happy with the way we are processing your personal data.